PHILADELPHIA, PA (TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY) - Rodriguez Consulting LLC (Rodriguez), provided field surveying services to the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation at the Penn's Landing Marina. Due to the heavy storm events, including Hurricane Irene on 9/18/2011, the floating marina adjacent to the South Quay rose to the point where a number of dock hoops rose above the top of the piles. Temporary pile extensions were installed in order to hold the floating marina in place. The project involved confirming the top of piles that were placed at Penn's Landing Marina as part of the Quay Pier Infrastructure Marina Rehabilitation Project.
Rodriguez was responsible for providing the following land surveying services:
- Topographic Survey - Located the existing 46 piles adjacent to the South Quay and determined the elevation of the top of each pile. Physically noted where each pile should have been cut per engineering design drawings.
- As-Built Drawing - Prepared an as-built survey plan that detailed the locations of the piles and their elevations in City Datum, NAVD1988, and MLLW Datum.
- Surveyor's Report - Compiled formal report listing findings based on review of referenced documents and field investigations.
PHILADELPHIA, PA (TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY) - Rodriguez Consulting, LLC (“Rodriguez”) was retained by Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. for Professional Land Surveying services for the Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center Site Survey. This project required services for a topographic, utility, and site features survey to develop an existing conditions site plan that was used to prepare design and engineering documents for site, landscape, and drainage improvements around the Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center.
Rodriguez was responsible for providing land surveying services on ten (10) separate assignments with the following scope of work:
- Topographic Survey – A topographic survey was prepared for the area in accordance with generally acceptable engineering standards and practices. The survey was prepared at an appropriate scale, with a one (1) foot contour interval and spot elevations.
- Utility Survey – Existing rim, top of grate and invert elevations were obtained for storm and sanitary sewer facilities within project limits.
- Utility Coordination – Rodriguez notified PA One Call requesting a Routine Location Request (street mark up) and a Design Notification (utility plans/as-builts) for the project area.
- Existing Conditions Site Plan Preparation – Rodriguez prepared an Existing Conditions Site Plan of the site incorporating the information obtained via the Topographic Survey. The compiled field information was prepared in a CAD environment and included the preparation of a survey plat drawn at a scale of 1'=20' as required by the client with existing topography being depicted with one (1) foot contour intervals.
PENNSYLVANIA (BOUNDARY SURVEY) - Rodriguez Consulting LLC (Rodriguez), under contract with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), is providing land surveying services under the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Easement Program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The majority of the surveys were part of the Working Lands for Wildlife program, a new partnership between NRCS and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) to combat the decline of seven specific wildlife species whose decline can be reversed and will benefit other species with similar habitat needs.
Rodriguez was responsible for providing land surveying services on ten (10) separate assignments with the following scope of work:
- Property Research – Coordinated with the NRCS and the local tax assessor's office and obtained property deeds for the subject property and adjoining land owners.
- On-Site Meetings– Coordinated on site project kick off meeting with the NRCS project manager and property owner to identify the limits of the proposed preservation easement.
- Boundary Survey – A traverse control network was set up throughout the site and this control network was referenced to the National Spatial Reference System using a combination of Real Time Network (RTN) GPS methods and Static GPS methods with post processing. A search for boundary corner monuments was performed and the coordinate data was collected and analyzed in order to make a boundary determination using the best available evidence. Once the boundary determination was made the easement area was established and monumented within the bounds of the property. State Plane coordinates as well as Latitude and Longitude were calculated for each marked corner within the boundary. The survey methods used met or exceeded the minimum accuracy required for rural surveys in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Monumentation – Installed monuments and witness posts with signs upon NRCS review and approval of the survey. Monuments and witness posts with signs were installed at each corner, angle point, road crossing, intersection of property lines and approximately every 300 feet along a tangent.
- Presentation of Survey – Prepared an appropriately scaled drawing of the boundary survey in AutoCAD Civil 3D. This drawing included a record description of the property; a survey description of the easement area; a survey description of the route of ingress/egress to the subject property; sufficient data to indicate the theory of location applied in formulating the opinions as to the probable location of the boundaries and corners of the property.
- GIS Data & Metadata – Perimeter of the easement delivered as a polygon feature, with accompanying metadata, for conversion to the NRCS's GIS.
PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA (TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY) - Rodriguez Consulting LLC (Rodriguez), under contract with Stantec, provided topographic land surveying services for a Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) Water & Sewer Capital project at the Juniata Golf Course Dam. The project area consisted of approximately 3,000 lineal feet of waterway and generally open land. The intention of this project was to find ways to reduce flooding within the area.
- Field Survey – Rodriguez performed a topographic survey including the following:
- Channel and Banks – The survey included the channel, banks, and existing ground within the area.
- Stormwater Inlets/Outlets – Obtained information about size and type of inlet/outlet, elevations of top of grate, and elevation of top of trap.
- Surface and Areas – contours on 0.5' intervals, spot elevations at low points, major high points, and pavement edges, pavement materials, and vegetation area types
- Utilities - All utility features visible on or above the surface, including but not limited to manholes, vent or valve covers, utility boxes, utility poles, guy wires, hydrants, hose bibs, stormwater inlets, etc.
- Above ground features – information on
trees, buildings, walls, roads, paths, bridges, signs, fencing was obtained.
- Topographic Base Plan Preparation– Rodriguez prepared a Topographic Base Plan in accordance with the generally accepted land surveying standards and practices including the following:
- Overall site plan fit onto one 22'x34' sheet
- Cross sections shown on 50' centers along the centerline of the channel and perpendicular to the direction of flow.
- Survey included same requirements as PWD's Water and Sewer Design Manual
PHILADELPHIA, PA (RIGHT-OF-WAY SURVEY) - The Philadelphia Water Department is continuously exploring innovative ways to implement green infrastructure tools. The purpose of these capital projects are to help PWD achieve its goals of reducing localized flooding, reducing combined sewer overflows, and improving water quality while also improving the quality of life of residents. Rodriguez Consulting, LLC (Rodriguez) provided Right-of-Way Surveying & Mapping services to various engineering firms working on Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) green infrastructure projects.
●Field Survey – Rodriguez performed feld surveys of the project sites and prepared existing conditions plans per PWD standards.
● Control Survey – Established vertical and horizontal control using GPS. Vertical control tied to Philadelphia District Standard.
● Topo Survey – In addition to performing topo surveys as per PWD standards, crews collected additional details for the green streets projects such as: street centerlines (20-ft intervals), top and bottom of curb near stormwater inlets (5-ft intervals), and ground elevations within the sidewalk and adjacent to inlets.
● Utility Survey – Obtained rim and pipe inverts for stormwater inlets
●Base Map Preparation – Rodriguez prepared CAD base plans of the project areas based on the PWD Water & Sewer Design Manual Standards.
PHILADELPHIA, PA (TOPO SURVEY) - Rodriguez Consulting LLC (Rodriguez) was retained by Dewberry to provide land surveying services on a stream restoration project for Cobbs Creek in Philadelphia, PA. This survey included about 9.200 LF of stream bed.
UTILITY COORDINATION - Rodriguez researched and obtained all utility information for the project area.
TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY – Vertical and Horizontal survey control was established through the project area. Horizontal control was referenced to PA State Plane (NAD1983) and vertical control was referenced to North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88). The project area consisted of 9200 LF of stream bed with an approximate width of 300 feet. Shots were taken to include the locations of creek alignment, adjoining roadways, structures, tree lines, green infrastructure, and trails/gateway sites. The following information was additionally collected:
- Stream Cross Sections – Stream/Floodplain cross sections were obtained at a 100 ft interval with additional spot shots taken where necessary to capture key topographic banks. The cross-sections included thalweg, top and bottom of bank, bankfull elevation, and bedrock outcrops.
- Wetlands – Rodriguez located approximately 300 wetland flags.
- Groundwater and Wetland Monitoring – Rodriguez located approximately 20 groundwater monitoring locations. Rodriguez also set and retrieved five wetlands data loggers at various locations to be identified by the Client on a bi-weekly basis.
- Tree Locations – Rodriguez located selected trees marked and identified by others. Approximately 200 trees were located per day.
- Soil Boring Locations – Rodriguez located approximately 30 soil boring and infiltration testing locations.
BOUNDARY SURVEY – Rodriguez included property boundaries per the metes and bounds description within the limits of disturbance on the base plan for this project. Property boundaries, easements, and right-of-ways were plotted from deed records and included tax map number, including properties immediately adjacent to the survey boundary. Rodriguez also surveyed and located available/identifiable property corners prepared legal descriptions and easement plan exhibits for stream corridor improvements for use by City legal staff in negotiating right-of-way agreements or acquisitions.
BASE PLAN PREPARATION – Rodriguez compiled all survey, deed research, and utility data into an AutoCAD environment using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
EXTON, PA (TOPO SURVEY - STREAMS) - Rodriguez Consulting LLC (Rodriguez) was retained by AKRF, Inc. (AKRF) to provide land surveying services on a stream restoration project for the Colebrook Run at the Whitford Country Club in Exton, PA. AKRF designed a stream restoration project to alleviate flooding and erosion within the floodplain of Colebrook Run. As a result of the construction, base flood elevations (BFEs) were altered which required updates to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood insurance maps. Rodriguez performed a topographic survey of the resulting construction work and provided AKRF with the supporting documentation to submit a letter of map revision (LOMR) to FEMA.
TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY—A Topographic Survey was performed throughout the area of stream restoration as required to document the new stream topography and stormwater management infrastructure.
- Stormwater Features—Information for rim, grate, inverts, pipe size and other details was provided for newly constructed storm sewers, culverts and other storm water management structures.
- Stream Cross Sections—Topographic information was obtained along the centerline of the stream as required to accurately depict the new stream alignment as a result of construction. Spot elevations were obtained at the top of bank, bottom of bank, and thalweg.
PHILADELPHIA, PA (ALTA SURVEY)
- The Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) retained Rodriguez Consulting LLC to provide professional land surveying services to prepare a boundary survey and legal descriptions for a site along the lower Schuylkill River (approximate area = 28.8 acres).
A Boundary Survey was prepared for the subject parcels based on information from the official Philadelphia City Plan and the property deed(s). Rodriguez performed the necessary surveying, deed review, and survey analysis to provide a Boundary survey in accordance with acceptable professional standards. Rodriguez also prepared legal descriptions for the parcels.
PLAN OF SURVEY - Rodriguez prepared a Plan of Survey and Legal Descriptions, incorporating the information obtained via the boundary survey. The compiled field information was prepared in a CAD environment and included the preparation of a plan drawn at an appropriate scale.
PHILADELPHIA, PA (PROPERTY SURVEY) -
Enterprise Heights Real Estate Development (EHRED) intends to develop The Plaza at Enterprise Heights, an environmentally friendly, transit-oriented, mixed-use development. The EHRED retained Rodriguez Consulting LLC (Rodriguez) to provide professional surveying services in order to consolidate the existing parcels located within the subject 214’x340’ project site, located at the corner of Farragut and Market Streets (between 46th and 47th streets) in West Philadelphia.
- BOUNDARY SURVEY—A Boundary Survey was prepared for the subject parcel, i.e. entire block. Outbound property information was referenced from the official Philadelphia City Plan and the property deed(s).
- TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY - A Topographic Survey was prepared for the project site including one-foot contour interval and/or spot elevations.
- UTILITY SURVEY - Existing rim, top of grate and invert elevations were obtained for storm or sanitary sewer facilities within the project limits. Existing pipe type and size will also be obtained, when assessable.
- EXISTING CONDITIONS SITE PLAN - Rodriguez prepared an Existing Conditions Site Plan of the property incorporating the information obtained via the Topographic Survey.
- CONSOLIDATION/ZONING PLAN - A Consolidation Plan was prepared depicting the metes and bounds for the consolidated lot with a legal description.