PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA (TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY)
- Rodriguez Consulting LLC (Rodriguez) was retained by the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (“PHS” or “Client) for Professional Engineering & Land Surveying services for
the PWD Green Streets Topographic Survey of Weccacoe Park. The purpose of this
survey was to prepare base mapping for the PWD Green Streets Projects. The survey
controls utilized were NAD83 horizontal and NAVD88 vertical.
- Control Survey/ General Survey - Horizontal and Vertical survey control was established throughout the project site utilizing global positioning systems (GPS) as required to perform the survey tasks
- Utility Survey - Existing rim, top of grate and invert elevations were obtained for storm and sanitary sewer facilities within the project limits in accordance with the RFP, PWD Standards, and generally accepted land surveying standards and practices.
- Utility Coordination - Rodriguez contacted Pennsylvania (PA) One Call requesting a Routine Location request (street mark up) and a Design Notification (utility plans/ as-builts) for the project area. Utility information was added to the base map and adjusted according to the field survey information.
- Topographic Survey - A Topographic Survey was prepared in accordance with the RFP, PWD Standards, and generally acceptable land surveying standards and practices. The survey was prepared at an appropriate scale with a one (1) food contour interval and/or spot elevations in General Survey areas and half foot contours on detailed survey areas.
- Reference Control - Rodriguez set two (2) Project Benchmarks referenced to the sites horizontal and vertical datum in permanent locations within twenty-five (25) feet of the project area.
- Existing Conditions Site Plan Preparation - Rodriguez prepared an Existing Conditions Site Plan for the project site incorporating the information obtained via the Topographic Survey. Compiled field information was prepared in a CAD environment and includes the preperation of a survey plat.